It’s striking how much the sports business industry can feel like a big family.
Just as the relationships in sports business evolve, so do the careers.
Whether you’re just starting your career in sports business or you’re searching for a new venture, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
- There’s not just one path on which to enter the industry. Everybody has their own story of growth and evolution within the sports business industry.
- You may be in marketing or sales, but you’re really helping people find solutions to their problems. It’s ultimately about making people’s lives easier.
- Keep in touch with past colleagues. Many times it pays off to call up an old coworker or employer when you’re looking to enter a new vertical (especially one as tight-knit as sports business).
In episode #14, Adam and Russell discuss:
- Adam’s journey entering and advancing within the sports business space.
- How you can build your career in sports business.
- Why ISBI works to tackle real-world challenges for professionals in the industry.